"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 28 November 2011

Quick Email

So... just a quick e-mail because it is transfers today, I got a new
companion his name is Elder Lintusaari. The computer was in perfect
condition and the only way a virus could have got on the computer is
if someone in the Family downloaded something. Please don't download
many things in the Future, that is the reason why I had my password to
protect the computer from these scenarios, even when you murmured
against me for it.

Anyway, yeah my new companion is from Finland. I will be sending a
longer e-mail on monday, because that is our proper Preparation day,
it is 4 o' clock right now and we still need to do many, many things
to prepare like shopping, before 6 o' clock. I am still in Rochdale.

Please translate that Fillipino E-mail you sent me because I cannot
read Fillipino and we only have so much time to read and send e-mails.

The computer does not have a CD in the Purple Box because the System
was already in the computer. So it didn't require a CD to start the
System. Maybe we can buy a computer when I come back so no one need to
interfere with it. I can keep it virus free and educate you all on
what is safe and what is not safe.

I have received the sweets, they were nice. Thank you, but the Gloves
and the rest won't come for another long while. My new companion and I
will have an amazing time in Rochdale, he seems really nice and I am
sure we will get along very nicely.

I am spending 4 and a half months in Rochdale so far, potentially even
6 months, a quick success story is this:

We are teaching a man called John, he has some struggles with alcohol
and has been trying to get off the Alcohol for a while now. Recently
we taught him to have faith in trying to quit. He is slowly quitting
as we have tried to implement some ideas to get him off of alcohol, we
have planned to go on walks with him as well as cutting his garden
with him.

During one of our lasts visits John shared many things with us. He
told me that every time he has a drink now, he thinks of ME sitting
next to him, telling him not to do it. I am glad that John is able to
recognise that we love him enough to tell him to quit, he has been
clean from alcohol for 4 days now and he is progressing nicely to
baptism.

I'll write more next week.

Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment