"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 18 March 2013

Weekly Update 18 March 2013

Hello!
 
Just to reinforce my new e-mail policy I thought I would type it up:
 
ADJUSTED MISSIONARY E-MAIL POLICY: We received the following policy change from the Missionary Department: "Missionaries are to write to their families each week and are also authorized to communicate by email with friends, priesthood leaders, and new converts. Mission presidents should allow sufficient time on preparation day for missionaries to write emails and letters. While in the mission field, missionaries should receivce authorization from the mission president before entering into communication, including via email, with converts and others of the opposite gender within the mission boundaries"
 
Send me an e-mail. You know you want to. jared.sapaden@myldsmail.net
 
 
This week has been a great one, I felt happy today to sign in to my e-mail and discover a vast number of e-mails from friends. Keep them coming.
 
There really is no mercy here in Runcorn, it's a great feeling to be busy, but I'm pretty worn out my companion wasn't here with me from Tuesday - Saturday, I like to joke with him when he gets back always asking him "so, how was your holiday?" but it's nice to be away I suppose, I stay in Runcorn with the other missionary because he doesn't have his license yet. But, hey I'm not complaining I have the Car with me all the time and all we do here is teach and speak to scousers. I wouldn't trade it for a holiday to the Isle of Man.
 
We have a Baptism this Saturday, it is quite exciting, I love Baptising it is a good feeling knowing that as missionaries we are here to harvest. I don't fully agree with the "I'm a missionary sowing seeds" mentality, I don't know about you, but I'm here to Harvest.
 
This week we gave trainings to about 60- 70 missionaries, it was quite fun, we got a lot of explosions involved, mentos and coke, baloons and even a pre- easter egg hunt. I loved this week, I was on exchange with a former companion, Elder Lamb and we had a lot of fun. We had an investigator pass a Baptismal interview.
 
We went on two proper exchanges and even had time to work with two companionships of Sister missionaries aswell as tearing it up in Runcorn.
 
Here's the miracle off the week:
 
On Thursday I just felt that I needed to go help out the Sister Missionaries in a previous area that I had served in called Chester. However, I wasn't with my companion, I was on exchange, so we were on exchanges and we went to help other missionaries out, it was quite a weird situation, the spirit had told me I needed to be here in Chester but I didn't know why. Intially we visited a former investigator that I taught when I was in Chester, she was pretty good. The sister missionaries had asked us to give one of their other investigators a Priesthood Blessing, so we said we could help. This other investigator had pro -actively called the ward in the area about him receiving a Book of Mormon 6 months prior and had referred himself to the missionaries because he lost contact with the missionaries 6 months ago. We came by, the miracle was that the missionary I was with was the one that had given this particular investigator the Book of Mormon 6 months ago. We were in the right place, at the right time, I even brought the right person with me although we hadn't planned it. The same missionary that had given their investigator the Book of Mormon 6 months ago gave him a priesthood blessing this week, it was quite symbolic. Definately pay attention to those spiritual promptings it was a faith building experience for everyone.
 
With Love,
 
Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment