"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 11 March 2013

Weekly Update 11 March 2013

Hello!
 
Runcorn is a "four dimentional" experience, along with capturing my heart, might, mind and strength it seems to have leaked into my soul. Even my dreams are very much missionary investigator focused. We have taught 30 lessons this week and I have experienced the joy of sacrafice. How is love shown in missionary work? I would reply: Consecration, it is the only surrender which is also a victory. When we withhold nothing and give absolutely everything, we come back to the flat, tired, drained and when I hang up the phone and sit on our couch, most of my evenings are spend vegetating. I don't even want to think. It just builds my capacity the next day, just like growing muscles we need to destroy and tear and break down the muscle before we are able to grow again. I am absolutely coverted to this principle. After the couch, I have to get together enough strength to crawl into bed.
 
Something I also love is doing things for the right reasons, I do not teach to "lead the mission" or because of any other principles, it is really fun to see other missionaries think that, "if I work hard on my mission Heavenly Father will bless me with an attractive wife" that is completely the wrong reason to work. However once the lifestyle of hard work is performed, if it ever comes to an end, it is quite amusing to think, if the principle was true: what would my spouse look like? But it must not be the motivation.
 
This week we have travelled from Birkenhead, to Manchester to Liverpool to Chester, there really is no rest for the wicked. Perhaps if you remember our miracle investigator who shared her testimony last sunday. This week she asked me: "will you come back from London when I am Baptised?" to which I replied something around the lines of I will actually be here to witness it. The only thing preventing her at this curent time to be Baptised is her surgery on the 19th. She has medical issues. It was amusing that lesson with her, she taught us the Gospel of Jesus Christ, why repentance and Baptism are necessary, she is just so ready.
 
Well... here is a piece of quite exciting news, missionary policy has changed... anyone can e-mail me from now on (except recent converts of the opposite sex living in the mission boundaries) but absolutely everyone! Get this e-mail around! E-mail me at: jared.sapaden@myldsmail.net
 
I'm expecting 50 e-mails next week. That is faith, huh? It is snowing outside so I'm going to enjoy that!
 
With Love,
 
Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment