"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 18 February 2013

Weekly Update 18 February 2013

Hi!
 
We have been running round like madmen this week. I find that we just teach, teach and teach. Since Thursday nothing major has happened. I don't know if we have been bad missionaries but it doesn't seem that we get any rest at all. I suppose it is better to be busy anyway. Actually, that's a lie. I had a very interesting Valentines day. It seemed like something out of a horror film. We took part in an exorcism, but that is a story to be revealed after my mission. Pretty interesting stuff.
 
Referals have been falling from the heavens, all we do it teach and contact refferals, any average missionary would think we were in Utah, it is exactly the polar opposite of what my mission was like in the beginning where we were out for a good 5+ hours just talking to people on the streets. Don't get me wrong that stuff is effective too, but I would rather teach.
 
I'm getting aware that my e-mails might be getting shorter, but. We don't have much of a Preparation Day any more. I'm going to hit the Gym hard today, we have a home made gym in the 3rd floor of our flat, it is pretty nice if you ask me. Our flat is really nice, just super cold.
 
This week should be pretty busy, we are going to spend a lot of time in North Wales. Another Tuesday - Saturday away from my companion, hectic, eh? Something that I was thinking about is Scouse people. I love people in/ from Liverpool. Here in Runcorn, it just seems to be a spill over town from Liverpool, consequently I would say over 90% of people are from Liverpool. I would trade my accent for a scouse accent with out hesitation. A pattern that I notice in my missionary work is: the closer things get to Liverpool the better things get, the people will talk to you, they will give you the time of day, any time, any where. I love hopping on a Bus and talking to someone from Liverpool, they just open up and tell you the whole story of the lives they have lived. In a very comical way.
 
Part of our area, is very into the Country as soon as we move out of the vicinity of Liverpool and towards the country it just seems that the people are proud and they slam the doors shut. I would say there is a very real reason that the early apostles came to Liverpool first out of America, they knew that the people back then just like today would welcome them with warm hearts and open up to them just like they do today. I love Liverpool!
 
With Love,
 
Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment