"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 26 November 2012

Weekly Update 26 November 2012

Hi! Hi! Hi!

Chester is an extremely good area. I love it!

This week I found out I replaced three missionaries, the Chester ward
traditionally has 4 missionaries, but every since I've arrived it has
only been 2. I've been joking around with everyone here: "Since I'm
replacing 3 missionaries here, the mission president had to send
someone really good!" It's fun, not sharing the ward and not sharing
the dinner appointments with other missionaries. Liverpool had 4
companionships so the ward was stretched, but Chester is way good, I
figure because we are going from 4 missionaries to 2 Christmas here
has got to be pretty good.

We have been blessed with lots of Miracles, I've seen great heights
and great disappointments from only being here a few days. Firstly we
have almost got two new investigators lined up for Baptism before
Christmas two miracles and one of there former investigators despite
family opposition decided to Choose to come to Church... but because
so many good things happened we had a day of complete opposition which
was the most I've ever got on my mission, we had 8 investigator
lessons fall through and the sad thing was I took forever to organise,
we had members come out for every lesson and the thing was they were
solid lessons, I would have put money on it that those people would be
in when they said they would if I was a betting man.

However... the ward here is amazing! Our ward mission leader is
Japanese, how fashionably attractive is that! It was a real desire of
mine to learn Japanese before my mission and now I'm here. I mean we
still have a good time here.

One thing that is a little strange is all the Welsh road signs with
there super long names, I'm going on exchange with some missionaries
in a place called Porthmadog which is just way out there in North
Wales, I'll be sure to take some pictures because it rivals the Isle
of Man in terms of most picturesque area of the mission.

Life is settling down here and it seems a lot more calm and safe than
Liverpool, I think some people even leave there front doors open. This
is that kind of area. But I am excited to baptise here in Chester, we
are going to have a White Christmas, with all that white baptismal
clothing.

With Love,

Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment