"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Weekly Update 7 May 2013

Hey!

Let me just tell you how tired I am! Extremely so, yesterday we hiked the biggest mountain on the Isle of Man (2036 feet) now you may say that's not much, but try doing it in a suit. It has been fun here on the Isle of Man, I've taken a million photos since I've been back and they'll be on my blog soon.
I'm loving life right now, in fact it's been so tropical here, we jumped out of bed at 6:30 to go Jump rope on the beach outside, you can understand why I am so tired. However, it is a good tired, it is a good work, the Devil makes use of idle fools who heed to his temptations, it is good to be busy and it is good to be a missionary right now.
Let me clarify, if I haven't already the "six weeks to sexy" is a fitness program to help me repent for
how idle I've been in morning exercise up to recent weeks. I pray that it works. Like I said the tiredness is a very good protection mechanism, but I am running myself ragged, it's a good way to be.
This week we are driving around in a Honda Jazz, instead of the usual Vauxhall Meriva, it's a courtesy car because the missionaries before me got into a car accident so while it's being repaired we have unlimited mileage! It's great, we are utilizing it to help the work here in the Isle of Man to get out to areas that have been untouched because of the mileage system. It's got "flappy paddled" gearbox transmission on the steering wheel, so it's like driving a mini Ferrari which makes so much noise but only goes about 40-60mph (60mph is asking a lot from the car)

I've come back and a person that I found and taught has been baptized since I left the Isle of Man. It's the only baptism this ward has had in about 18 months. He is receiving the priesthood next Sunday and it is such a good feeling to know he is receiving the same power and authority that he was baptized and taught with. Perhaps I'll even get to bless the sacrament with him sometime, he is good great, he is proper Chinese (I learned enough to teach him the lessons) but he is a wonderful young man who really understands the gospel, he knows the Word of Wisdom as "health law" tithing as "money law" and Chastity as "marriage law" Isn't that wonderful?
With Love,

Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment