"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 9 July 2012

Weekly Update 09 July 2012

So.

The first is at Zone- Conference at Liverpool with all the missionaries from the Liverpool Stake and President Preston and his Wife. I know, my shirt looks untucked, but I promise it's not. I'm wearing a Manx Tartan tie, it's from the Isle of Man.

This week we had to get Kathy some Manx number plates, just so you know what they look like, they look like that. The Isle of Man is literally its own country.



Hello EVERYONE!

Let's start with some interesting fun facts, 1 in every 9 people on the Isle of Man is Filipino, isn't that just weird, of a population of about 70,000 that is a lot of Filipinos! It gives me a little bit of Justification to say I'm in the Philippines, I was walking down the street when the other day, I just heard a group of Fillipino men, about 7-8 or them just having a casual conversation, I only expect to even heard that on my Holidays to the Philippines, It's quite astounding if you ask me. Next fun fact, the Isle of Man is its own Country, this didn't hit me until now. They aren't British or even consider themselves part of the United Kingdom, it's very different if you ask me, I'm serving in a whole different country! They have the longest continual Parliament in the whole world. It's called Tynwald. We had the National holiday of the Isle of Man on July the 5th it was Tynwald day, we had ourselves a lot of fun and they even had the Manx National Anthem sung, it was very different to England, but I love it here, it doesn't feel that I am part of the "England Manchester Mission" it should be the "England Manchester and Isle of Man Mission."

Anyhow, enough of my rant, the weather is great here, and when the sun shines, everything is just so beautiful, recently they have had a water problem here because it has rained so much some rivers overflowed and we had to drink Boiled Water for 48 hours, exciting, right? It hasn't happened often infact, we asked a member who had been here for 20 years if this had happened before and she told us only once before. It feels like I'm a Child here again on the Isle, everything, even the most insignificant is just so exciting!

For some highlights this week, we drove past the house belonging to the Governor of the Isle of Man, he had a pretty big house, we taught just under 20 lessons this week, so it has been a very successful week. We got some Manx number plates for Kathy our blessed little car, we have an investigator dated for Baptism for the 4th of August, I got new glasses because I needed some, we just spend a lot of time strengthening less- actives and we taught our first Filipino family!
It was interesting teaching a Filipino Family, they are called the Lipi's (I think) they have a Dad, a Mum and a Daughter, the most hard- hitting thing was they had similar personalities to how my family would face a missionary situation. The Father was talking and just kept asking us sincere thought provoking questions, the mother was bearing testimony of her testimony of Jesus Christ and the Daughter was about 17-18 she was mostly silent but you could see her taking it all in. They had spent some time in Saudi Arabia as well, in a place called Jedah.

This Sunday, I fasted. I tell this to you not to boast of myself or to put myself on a pedestal and proclaim "look at me, I'm so good" but, it was a great day on Sunday, we taught many people, we had really good conversations, the Lord had truly blessed us, and on Monday I got a call from my mission President calling me as a District Leader. My companion Elder Stubbs, is getting transfered to Australia. He ends his mission tomorrow, we take a ferry journey across, tommorow morning.

Life is so good right now! I receive a new companion soon, because Elder Stubbs goes home early due to his Visa expiring earlier than the transfer date, I'll get a new companion before transfers actually occurs, he is a new missionary, who has been out for about 4-5 months called Elder Sutton, I hear he has a good singing voice so we will have to get a musical item done with Piano and Voice.

Speak to you soon.

Love you all,

Elder Sapaden.

"Quocunque Jeceris Stabit" 



No comments:

Post a Comment