"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 5 March 2012

Weekly Update 5 March 2012

Hello!

This week has been Fantabulous! We have seen so much success and so much joy in the work. So we start off with last monday. The St. Helens ward have been working with a few part member families and we were invited to go around to this one home but now be "too preachy" and so we weren't it ended up being a total success, all of our conversations were about Church and it really was a testimony to me that if you really concentrate, and really listen there will always be a principle of the gospel you can relate to anything. The sun is shining and God lives, what more could you want?

On Tuesday were were able to really be dilligent, we were finding all day! I love finding people to teach. Sure it can get tiresome, it can be long, but talking to people about their lives and seeing the fire flicker in there eyes, just remembering a long time ago in a far off place we were once brothers and sisters really makes my heart beat faster. I love that feeling. I think it has made me such an extravert. I can't stop talking, even now as I type this e-mail, I'm talking. It's a talent if you ask me. You know something I love, I love being spontaneous, because it really is in those moments you see how much you have developed. Luck is when opportunity meets preparation, that has been my motto for the past week, I love doing something that I have prepared in my mind, I love asking questions that make people really think, and then they think, they think some more... they answer me with a perfect text book answer, it makes me smile and I testify to what they say and well they become an investigator and the rest is history. I used the word "love" alot, it just shows the type of person I have become... I "LOVE" my mission. I love coming home tired and saying "Elder, that was a great day!", not to my companion, just to myself in the mirror, and I love my thoughts of how I can better help my investigators keeping me up at night.

Wow, my e-mails have become my feelings on a computer screen than a weekly update... but I shall continue! Don't you just love this?

So... We really have been able to take opportunities of many things, something I have been advertising is my Mormon Profile, it is just such a great tool, I'm trying to refine it, like white gold, like... stainless steel, so that when I give it to people on the streets, to people we are teaching and to members of the ward they see that I am just more than a face in a suit, but something beautiful and purple (it's my favourite colour)
I have such a strong testimony of "positive self talk" sure it comes from having confidence and a nice "balanced" ego such as my ego. So I made an "attractive things about me" list so just keep on looking at my mormon profile over the next few weeks because if "long walks on the beach, sitting by warm fires with good company and looking for challenges" doesn't make it personal, it'll be refined.

I was in Southport on exchanges this week and it was amazing, I love being near the seaside, 90% of the people we talk to stopped for us and we spoke to alot of people. I love it when it's sunny, it really makes a difference. People are happy, people stop and people talk. I love all three of those things! I realise I am saying "love" way too much and not on purpose, this will go down in my journal as the "love" e-mail. I love e-mailing too!
We converted some people there, did some smiling, some uplifting and then I came back to St. Helens.

St. Helens is just the best area of the mission, I love it! We were teaching alot this week and I've really tried to take my excitement to a whole new level, I don't know if that is possible. The gospel makes people happy and I am happy sharing it! I am on top of the world right now. Nothings going to bring me down.

I need to write a positive self talk song on my Uklele later, hopefully this excitement/ enthusiasm/ energy is contagious and you all get it from reading this e-mail and it just doesn't look silly. The member here have been trying to catch me not smiling/ happy. It isn't going to happen.

I just feel like I need to say. I love you all!

Love, Love, Love

Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment