"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Weekly Update 21 March 2012

Hello Everyone!

This week has been a total miracle! We have been so busy, but it is so good to be busy! We have been finding alot of people to teach this week and we have been going to many places for that, but mostly just pushing forward with faith. So we just started off the week with two solid days of finding, this week I can say I've spoken to about 400+ people, it sure is tiring, but it is worth it!
We have been having great opportunities to serve members in the ward recently, we have done some back breaking service! Digging up concrete posts, pulling up roots longer than my arms, and lot of manly stuff. I love being able to serve, it is a literal fulfilment of what we do as missionaries, we are called to "serve" and that is not just limited to finding and teaching. On my mission I have found service projects top be some of the greatest teaching opportunities.

In St. Helens we have alot of people who set up appointments with us, but aren't willing to take it any further, it really helps me know that we really are looking for the prepared. Oh... that reminds me, I haven't gotten transferred! Elder Raybould and I are staying together for another transfer in St. Helens, we really have been able to accompish new heights never before seen in St. Helens and we are so lucky not to be seperated to continue this positive flow upward.

This week I have had an opportunity to work with the Zone Leaders in Liverpool, I love working with the Zone Leaders, it's so exciting and you just learn so much. Our Zone leaders here in Liverpool are both Chinese speaking missionaries, so while on exchange I had an opportunity to teach alot of chinese students who have only been in the country for about 6 months and it really is exciting. A couple of them were under the impression I spoke fluent Chinese, it's really funny to have a Chinese person talk fast in Chinese back at you, trust me it an experience of a life time. Well, during my Zone leader exchange we had to do alot of unusual things, like get an M.O.T for their car, that's pretty unusual, I've never done that before on my own. We also got to go to a Chinese Warehouse to shop for a chinese activity they had later on in the week. I love doing new exciting, spontaneous things that you wouldn't picture missionaries doing! They had alot of Filipino things aswell.

Well, the miracle of this week is on Saturday!

We were able to do an hour consecrated to find people to teach, during that hour we found, we ran after everyone we saw in the distance, we knocked every door we saw someone in the window, we tried our hardest and there wasn't a moment I wasn't out of breath. At Fourty Minutes of the hour gone by it started pouring down, but we kept on finding, no one could stop us, not even the fiercest of rain. We were soaked and a part of me said "no one is going to stop to talk to us in this weather" the time soon passed and it we had found for officially 59 minutes, but we had to keep finding for that one extra minute, because Heavenly Father blesses us when we go that one step further, and he didn't let us down... at 59 minutes it was pouring down and we talked to a man with a hood on, we could barely see his face he told us to knock on number "302 ____ Street"  in a minute and so we did, he let us in, we taught him and his wife who were both very strong Christians from Slovakia, they had contact with the missionaries in Slovakia and had even received a Book of Mormon in Slovakian, how I love Miracles!

We had a good mothering sunday, we taught Priesthood and Gospel principles so it felt like Sacrament meeting was our "time of rest" and so it should be. I am having so much success with my Mormon.org profile, recently we have been visiting members during tea appointments and training/ teaching them about Mormon.org and the success we have had with it. I have given my Mormon.org profile to so many people, recently a young woman in my ward told me that she shared my profile with her friends!

I don't know how Mormon.org works but right now if you type in "London" I should be the first one to come up!

Miracles!
"have we not great reason to rejoice?" - Alma 26
Love,

Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment