"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Monday 3 June 2013

Weekly Update 3 June 2013

It's my last e-mail of the mission. Time to pull out some inspiration.
Well, this week on the Isle of Man has been TT practice week and this week is TT week. Super bikes, the Isle of Man doubles its population, lots of tourists, lots of accidents, lots of people, lots of Alcohol, lots of motorbikes overtaking you at 200mph.
You know, the usual. It's quite exciting really. Today we are going to go watch many of them.
Well... I'll see you all in about just over a week.

A Mission is a "four dimensional" experience, along with capturing my heart, might, mind and strength it seems to have leaked into my soul. Even my dreams are very much missionary investigator focused. We have accomplished much this week and I have experienced the joy of sacrifice. How is love shown in missionary work? I would reply: Consecration, it is the only surrender which is also a victory. When we withhold nothing and give absolutely everything, we come back to the flat, tired, drained and when I hang up the phone and sit on our couch, most of my evenings are spend vegetating. I don't even want to think. It just builds my capacity the next day, just like growing muscles we need to destroy and tear and break down the muscle before we are able to grow again. I am absolutely converted to this principle. After the couch, I have to get together enough strength to crawl into bed.

I love the power the mission has to transform the lives of those around us and ourselves included. We never want to leave behind those "what ifs" and those moments where we know we could have done better, I describe it as hell because they  eat away at us and they are the moments we have fallen short from our true potential. Those "what ifs" are my biggest fears in life and perhaps at the Judgement bar of God we will all feel that same sense  of "if only I had done that better" I couldn't be more grateful for  the Atonement and for the great gift of repentance, for without it we would all be lost causes.
Hopefully some of the pictures I sent home gets around today, lots of crazy adventures.
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment