"I know that it doesn't matter if the person you try to teach doesn't commit to anything, it just matters if you're doing your best at inviting them to come unto christ."

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Weekly Update‏

So... another week in the field.
 
This week I've gone on many missionary exchanges (when a missionary
goes out of his ward boundaries and works with other missionaries in
other areas) because my companion is a district leader and being a new
missionary, I get to go on a total of 7 excahges within my first six
weeks.
 
I started my week going on an exchange with my Zone leaders, Elder
Dittmer, He is german and he is fantastic. Before I came on exchange
their car got stolen, but during my exchange it was found and given
back to us. Elder Dittmer was one of the most influential Elders I've
met. I even got to go to the mission office. Some missionaries don't
even get to go to the Mission office within their 2 years.
 
The exchange was intense! It was the first time I ran after someone to
share with them the gospel, there was no person that passed me that
day without an attempt made to share the gospel with them.
 
We've had the most vivid experinces this week, a English man that
converted to Islam, stopped his car in the middle of the road whilst
on a busy road, it was a red light came out and pointed at our badges
and said "not true" but, luckily before he got contensious our bus
came.
 
I've also had another Exchange with a missionary called Elder
Raybould. I was so lucky to be with him for 2 days aswell, he so very
musical like myself and we were just talking music theory all the
time! It was amazing. He is a wonderful missionary and taught me many
things.
 
Yesterday I came back to my area (Rochdale) as soon as I came back we
also faced intense situations. It's like they follow me around. We've
had a hard week with trying to achieve our goals. Sometimes it feels
like, "if I don't get at least 3 investigators to Church... I'm a
failure." This week something that helps me with that is: "The Lord
doesn't measure results with numbers, he meausres them with effort"
 
It was my 3rd sunday in the field and it's day 39 of my mission.
Yesterday I gave my companion a haircut, I'm dreading getting mine
soon. I'm preparing for another Exchange with a missionary called
Elder Whited, it's in a place called Middleton. Going to be amazing!
 
Elder Sapaden

No comments:

Post a Comment